Wednesday, December 11, 2013

New Lip Products!

So i've been on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick lately (and maybe picked up another color or two along the way) and i actually think i've found it! I've got four items to share with you guys today.  I'll include swatches in the post, and if I can't get my face to stop facking up and looking like a gross face then I'll post pics of them actually on my lips so you can get a better idea of what they look like IRL.


So the first is the Catrice pure lip shine. It's a sheer lip balm, which I got in the shade Sheers! (whatta cute name huh?) I like it, its a bit boring but perfect for days when you want a little shine and  smooth lips. price tag: 2,95 (euros)

Next, I bought the L'oreal collection Privee Jlo's Nude. I really liked the swatch of this, and it goes on pretty nicely but I think the pinkish undertone makes it a poor choice for a nude for my skin, which has more of a yellow undertone. It's still a gorgeous colour though, and goes on very smoothly. Can't attest to how long it lasts, though. price tag: 9,95 (i think! or 12,95..big difference, I know, but I ican't remember and I can't seem to find it online. I believe its 11$ in the US though).

Thirdly, we have Maybelline's luminous beige 742, and i LOVE IT. It goes on so nicely, has a nice shine and is the best nude shade I have found for me this far. It was 9,95 so not too expensive at all and I just cannot rave enough about it. It has more of a  brown undertone so it's better suited for me.. (cuz im brown yall)

Lastly, I purchased the Max factor colour exlixir lipstick in 715 Ruby Tuesday. This red is absolutely gorgeous. normally I prefer matte reds like russian red from MAC, but this slight sheen on this is really beautiful. Its more of a pink-ish red than a true red, though. price tag: 12,95






from L to R: Catrice. Max Factor, L'oreal, Maybelline

No comments: